- Teacher: Christopher Sutherland
- Teacher: Brett Butler
- Teacher: Meghan MacLean
This course will cover a number of programming methods and applications in GIS. Beginning in the (familiar) ArcGIS environment, this course will explore fundamentals of programming in Python while learning the Model Builder interface. By exploring basic automation methods of repetitive or complex tasks, this course will also introduce foundations of computer science and computational thinking. While gaining proficiency in Model Builder, this course will expand to other python scripting applications, both within ArcGIS and in other platforms. By exploring many applications of programming to advance GIS analysis and improve workflows, students will build a strong base of knowledge and capacity for future learning and flexibility with programming in GIS.
In this course, students will:
· Learn fundamentals of computer programming;
· Consider how GIS applications interface with programming functions;
· Practice writing scripts in many forms, primarily using Python;
· Examine and practice foundations of computational thinking; and
· Create novel GIS programming solutions through independent skill building.
- Teacher: Forrest Bowlick
- Teacher: Ezra Markowitz
- Teacher: Michael Nelson